We take pride in providing nutrition services that set the industry benchmark for quality and value. Our team of accredited practicing Dietitians provide nutritional services to many clients; however our expertise is well recognized in the aged care sector. Our Dietitians possess exceptional communication skills which allow us to work together and with your team to provide superior health outcomes and industry leading aged care nutrition services.
Effective Individualized Dietetic Services
We provide aged care facility residents with individual nutrition consultations using the latest in nutrition best practice. Our team will provide personalized dietary plans and recommendations covering but not limited to the following areas:
- Type 1 or Type 2 Diabetes
- Insulin Resistance or Pre-diabetes (Impaired Fasting Glucose / Impaired Glucose Tolerance)
- Overweight / Obesity (weight Loss)
- Undesirable weight loss or difficulty gaining weight
- Eating difficulties due to loss of appetite or taste changes
- Dysphagia and Texture Modified Dietary Requirements
- Coeliac Disease / Gluten Intolerance
- Other food intolerances
- Gut and bowel disorders (eg. Irritable bowel, reflux, hiatis hernia, diverticulitis, etc)
- General Healthy Eating education
Reviews of Aged Care Menus and Menu Planning
Aged Care Accreditation Standard menu compliance requires regular review by qualified personnel which ensures the nutritional adequacy and appropriateness for residents. To ensure your residents are receiving adequate nutrition to facilitate optimal health and quality of life, a menu review should be conducted at minimum once per year.
Menu reviews provided by Food Aware Australia are thorough and comprehensive and include the following components:
- Undertaken by a team of Accredited Practicing Dietitians
- Includes site visits and interaction with facility staff members
- Includes observations made during service periods for nutritional adequacy, presentation, serving size and taste
- Includes evaluation of the menu appropriateness regarding cooking methods, ingredients, variety, flexibility, limitations
- Determines adequacy of menu in regard to resident demographics
- Evaluation of operating systems for food and fluid provision
- Comprehensive report including recommendations that are practical and specific for your facility
Reviews of Nutritional Supplementation
Our team of Dieticians can assist your aged care facility with cost management and appropriate provision of nutritional supplements. We conduct site visits to review the systems and processes in place regarding nutritional supplement ordering, provision and wastage to allow your facility to receive the best value from nutritional supplements regarding costs and improved health outcomes.
Your facility will benefit from the following as a result of a review of nutritional supplementation:
- Cost Savings
- Decreased Supplement Wastage
- Enhanced Processes for Supplement Ordering and Provision
- Enhanced Health Outcomes for Residents
Staff nutrition training and education and food service workshops and Seminars
Our team of Dietitians are specialists in the provision of training and educational courses delivered on-site for any size group. Some topics which are usually requested in the aged care sector include malnutrition in aged care, management of diabetes and overweight and obesity for residents, constipation and the importance of fluid and fibre, wound healing and nutrition, dysphagia and texture modified diet requirements. We also have the ability to tailor training and education courses to your requirements.
Nutrition and hydration policy development
Our team of Dietitians can assist you with establishing nutrition policies, systems and procedures.
Quality assurance activities and reports
Our team of Dietitians can conduct meal observation reports, audits on plate wastage and also complete facility weight reviews.